Sunday, June 3, 2007

Girls' Night Poker

There are two very distinct types of poker players: 1) the truly competitive, out to win it all type and 2) the I'm just having fun and playing tough to make the game more interesting type. Most girls are of the second type, or even if they're competitive, they're not so competitive that they are willing to gamble a friendship or crush your ego to win. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of combining Girls' Night Poker by inviting some of the guys. It's such a different game. Most guys playing poker are able to socialize, but are really all about winning. The conversation and heavy drinking (more common among the girls' games) are lessened, and tempers run higher. Albeit, we still had a great game and congrats to my neighbor who took home the pot. Next time, though, I might have to have an alternative activity when we bring the guys in for Girls' Night Poker.

In other news, I bought a couch!! Yay and halleluiah I will have a couch in my living room in 8-10 weeks (well, at least not a hand-me-down slipcovered couch). I also hung up all the pictures that have been laying against the walls downstairs and it's starting to look more and more like we live here and less and less like an empty dance floor. Oh the joys of decorating the house.

No comments: