Friday, May 18, 2007

Weekend Plans

First of all, I'm a planner. I have multiple calendars and they all integrate online, on my computer, and my PDA. I have separate calendars for work, church, KD events and so on. So it was funny to me that after I was checking on events this weekend, I have nothing planned. Not Friday night, Saturday, or Sunday. I mean, my Saturdays are already booked through July (or at least tentative activities I can go to). I am not afraid of being bored or anything, because I'm embrassing the gardener in me and went to Ace yesterday to buy soil, seeds, shovels, and things. So I do definitely have a garden ahead of me for the weekend. But this is not a time-scheduled thing and so I'm still just a little wierded out that I have no plans for the weekend. It's kinda cool once in a while and I think I'm definitely going to enjoy sleeping in for a day or so.

In other news, my VW Cabrio is getting its little top fixed, so I've been car-less for the last day+. I miss DC and it's so awkward trying to bum rides of people. I kind of feel like high school again when I was 14/15. But the good news is that the top won't actually cost me anything to get fixed (it's got such a major hydrolic problem with the automatic top that the mechanic just disengaged it and now it's a manual top, which is totally fine with me as long as it goes topless). Definitely looking forward to some wind in my hair this weekend and driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway on Tuesday (after hiking Chimney Rock, that is).

1 comment:

care said...

good for you for gardening! let me know if you need any tips/help...did you buy little seedling starter thingies?

I totally understand though. That weekend that I went out with you two nights in a row (when I had the terrible saturday) I had NO PLANS at all and it was completely freaking me out. let me know if you want to do lunch or something!