Saturday, April 14, 2007

I love a Ball

So tonight was the Prevent Child Abuse NC "Picture This" Gala. I got to dress up in my beautiful gown and go bid on silent auction items for charity. It was great fun and I always remember how much I love a ball. Everyone smiles a little more friendly, chat more openly and generally have a great time. I wish there were even more balls I could attend every year. Now that I'm in a new city I have at least 4 gowns (that still fit) that have never graced the eyes of people here. I'm trying to think of excuses to wear them, but think I'm going to have to search out more charity balls. They really are the most fun anyway.

However, one very good suggestion was made--to have a party wearing bridesmaid's dresses. It would be a bridesmaids' party, only without an actual bride involved and everyone would actually be able to wear those hideous (or um, unique) dresses that they had to buy. We could have a contest for worst dress and just lots of fun. Unfortunately I can no longer wear the bridesmaid's dress I wore to my sister's wedding, so I'll have to scrounge up my other one. I think it'll work.

1 comment:

care said...

got a picture of you in your gown? I wanna see it...

and wait until after june and you can see me look like a carrot. ;)